Sunday, April 25, 2010

Three C's

Cabernet Franc (KA-behr-nay FRAHN), Cabernet Sauvignon (KA-behr-nay soh-vihn-YOHN), and Carmenere ( car-men-EHR) are 3 of 4 grapes that make up this spectacular bottle of wine from Colchagua Valley in Chile. I found this bottle of wine while I was visiting my friends, Linda and Jim's wine store, Corner Wines in Plano. Estampa Gold 2007 is a blend of 60% Carmenere, 20% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Cabernet Franc and 5% Petit Verdot. The rich jeweled color of the wine, heavenly aroma and smooth and balanced flavors have moved this wine up to the top of my "keeper" list. My daughter Meredith and I decided to enjoy this wine with a plate of olives and two delicious cheeses, Manchego El Trigal (sheep's milk) and Seaside Cheddar (cow's milk). Wow! Corner Wines is closed for the evening but I can't wait to call Linda tomorrow and "brag" on her great selections of wines and of course to ask her to put back a couple of bottles of Estampa for me~

No comments:

Post a Comment