Saturday, November 13, 2010

Uva di Troia, Verdicchio, Vermentino and Viognier

I now have 7 grapes left to complete my project of sipping 100 grapes from A-Z ! Only one "U" grape, Uva di Troia, a red Italian grape. Finding a wine with this grape was challenging however when I was visiting my son Rob and his family in Los Angeles we decided to tackle the challenge. We found a bottle of 100% Uva di Troia, 2007 Torre Quarto Bottaccia from the Puglia region of Italy. It smelled like a $15.00 bottle of Kool-Aid full of aromas of plum and cherry.

The "V" grapes were much easier to find. A bottle of Falesco Verdicchio-Vermentino Vitiano 2007 is a dry, medium body, tropical fruity white wine with the grapes Verdicchio and Vermentino. Not my favorite wine however I was able to mark off 2 grapes from my list~

My final "V" grape was one of my favorites, Viognier. This white grape was highlighted in an incredibly delightful bottle of 2009 Domaine de Couron, a Cotes du Rhone white wine that I purchased at Corner Wines in Plano owned by my cute friends Linda and Jim. Viognier has a distinctive perfumy aroma with rich, intense tropical fruit flavors. An excellent wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment