Thursday, May 6, 2010

Chardonnay-the Lynmar Way!

I couldn't wait to get to the Chardonnay grape so I could share with you my fascination for a very special winery in California. A couple of years ago I discovered Lynmar Estates, Quail Hill Vineyards in the Laguna Ridge area of Russian River Valley in Sonoma County. My darling friend, Allison and I were "touring" the wine country and accidently discovered Lynmar. Last weekend, while I was attending the Women For WineSense Grand Event in Napa, I had the opportunity to visit Lynmar with Virginia, one of the 20 women from Dallas attending the weekend's events. I could blog for hours on Lynmar and its incredible views and culinary and sensory gardens, but this blog is about the grape....the Chardonnay grape. According to Leslie Sbrocco in Wine for Women, " it's the number-one-selling white in America, and 'I'll have the Chardonnay' has become a national motto. It takes on the character and complexity depending upon where the grapes are grown and who turns them into wine. With an estimated 700 different Chardonnay bottlings on store shelves at any given time." Now, for Lynmar's Chardonnay! I sipped a glass of a 2007 Lynmar Quail Hill Vineyard Chardonnay, a beautifully balanced wine with hints of lemon curd, lemon meringue and green apple. Did I mention that their wines have been served at the White House? Do you remember at the beginning of my blog journey when I referred to Tyler Coleman's definition of "context"? "Context is wildly underrated when it comes to enjoying wine. Where we are, whom we're with, what time of year it is, what we are eating, when in the wine's life-and ours-we are drinking it, and even how we are drinking in all influences our perception of wine." At Lynmar, I enjoyed a delicious glass of chardonnay surrounded by breathtaking views of the vineyards and gardens and laughter with new found friends. Anyone ready to return to Lynmar with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment